
Alright, you'll be sure to guess this one:
It's the anniversary of the end of the Spanish Civil War!
...oh, not sure? OK, I'll give you another hint:
It's the same day that marks the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island!
...dont' recall? Maybe this will set off the light bulb:
It's my cousin Brandon's birthday, as well! (11th!)
Those are the only historic milestones I could come up with...our baby is officially due on MARCH 28th! To be honest that seems like a long time to wait, but it must be a pretty good estimate...
According to the fancy sonogram machine, the baby is 3.3 centimeters long, head to rear end, indicating that I'm 10 weeks and one day along in the pregnancy.
Steve and I got our first look at our child this afternoon...the image flashed up on the screen, showing a wiggling baby with two perfect little arms waving around and a tiny heart thumping away. What an exciting moment that was!! That good-looking little Deterding is gracing the front of the refigerator at this very moment...and we included it above. The top picture is a profile shot, with the baby looking to the left; in the bottom picture, the baby is looking right at you! You can see the little arms and legs!
I am starting to feel a little less sick and a little less tired these days, and the doctor reports that everything is looking good. We were lavished with gifts by my new favorite receptionist at the doctor's office when I was making my next appointment. We received a free Similac bag with Powder Singles (believe it or not, they now put infant formula in those single-serve packets to add to water...just like the Nestea packets you can shake into your Dasani...who knew?!) and a $200 off certificate for the baby's cord cell banking, should we decide to have some umbilical cord blood cells saved. This is a procedure I wasn't aware of before I started reading baby magazines in the OB waiting room...
No comments:
Post a Comment