
The Deterding side of the family and some of our good friends from church came over last Sunday afternoon for a cloudy-day cook-out to celebrate Grace's birthday! This time around, she wasn't shy about digging in to her cake:
She had this serene smile on her face the whole time she was serenaded with "Happy Birthday To You":
Grace's little sister was accidentally blocked by the high chair in this family portrait. But next week we're due for a 5-month belly shot anyway:

The yummy cake. Pay no attention to the little blip of icing in the front where I accidentally touched the cake while tying on the ribbon. That's a Southern Living At Home cake stand, by the way, and I was thrilled to actually use it-- I bought it over a year ago. I'll have to make more cakes (I know Steve will approve):

Happy Birthday, again, to our big girl! Now we're all looking forward to a birth-day in August!
2 comments:
I can't see a blip! That grin is so precious, it's still so crazy to think that she is one!
I see the blip at 10:00. Blip or no blip, the cake looks great on your Southern Living plate. The ribbon adds a touch of sophistication without taking away from the whimsical nature of a one year old's birthday party. (I was reading my Martha Steward Living magazine this morning....'nuf said)
Oh, and I really think Grace is starting to look more and more like you, Heather.
Very cute pictures, by the way!
Post a Comment