Sunday, June 22, 2008

Baby Update!


Seven months pregnant in the blink of an eye!  (Sort of).  We've completed week 31, and Pregnancy continues to be a different experience the second time.  Steve admitted to me that sometimes he still forgets that I'm great with child.

"C'mon, Steve, take a look at me.  How could you forget??"
The excitement and wonder of it all is still there, even if it's easy to be distracted by our firstborn and all the milestones she's reaching these days.  I'm feeling the wear of housewifery and motherhood on my third-trimester body, but I'm so thankful to be blessed with another healthy, uncomplicated pregnancy so far.  I've relived the "Aww Moment" when you feel baby hiccups for the first time, and I've recently said hello again to an old friend named Braxton Hicks.  Braxton was my constant companion for the two weeks leading up to Grace's delivery, and it's about time he showed up again!  (For those of you who aren't up to speed on prego lingo, Braxton Hicks is the name given to "practice" contractions, which are common in the third trimester).  

We've decided to move Grace into the larger third bedroom, and let the little gal take over Grace's current bedroom.  Steve and I have a lot of re-arranging to do in the next two months, and I'll be sure to post on our progress getting the nursery and the big sister rooms ready to go.  
And finally, the Deterdings are off to one of my favorite places tomorrow morning:  Victory Jam, our Presbytery's annual week-long middle school camp in Harvey Cedars, NJ!!  The place where I, barely 18 and fresh out of high school,  met my destiny and one true love, Stephen Deterding.  I'd share the whole glorious story but I'm sure the vast majority of you readers know plenty about the whole chain of events this providential meeting of two souls led to, so I'll refrain myself.  Steve is helping out at the camp this year, and Grace and I are going along for the ride.  It'll be Grace's first beach trip. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harvey Cedars is a pretty special place...Hard to believe that 27 years ago, Steve was at Harvey Cedars "in utero"! Could this be a future love story in the making for yet another covenant Deterding child?
...just wondering...:)
love, mom deterding

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of Grace's first V-Jam!!! Hope you guys had a fun time, next year there will be two little ones on the beach!