Q. Can you name these greens?
These greens were part of our first CSA share of the season. At first I didn't know what they were or what to do with them, but I soon figured it out and managed to cook with them. The picture shows mustard greens (on the left) and arugula (with the white and pink flowers). Steve and Grace are not fans of stir-fried mustard greens, but at least we tried them!
This week we got spinach, spicy greens, spring mix, and red leaf lettuce. We'll be eating a lot of salads this week...
4 comments:
I was wondering what CSA was. Looks like fun. Do you grow something?
Arugula can sprout flowers? I had no idea! I love Arugula!
Does the flavor change once the greens sprout flowers? What are you growing?
I've never had mustard greens, but I'm guessing I'd be with Steve and Grace on that one.
See you Sunday for Pop-Pop's Annual Seafood Birthday Feast!
About a CSA~ We don't grow anything ourselves. Community Supported Agriculture is when people in the community help fund a local farm for the year. We paid Homestead Farms one lump sum to pay for one share of their farm. They use the money to run their farm (along with fees paid by other shareholders), and in return we get a half bushel of fresh, local, in-season, organic produce every week from May till October. We drive to a pick-up location every Thursday for our box.
I feel so trendy and "green" :)
Post a Comment