Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our Favorite Song

You know that kids like to do the same things over and over again... same cereal for breakfast, same video, same book, etc.

Music has been no exception for Grace and Leah.  They are absolutely hooked on the Newsboys.  Not so much the old-school classics like "Breakfast" or "Shine" or "Take Me to Your Leader"... they ask for the worship albums over and over again.

Now, I'm definitely not one to enjoy such a lack of variety.  Back in 1992, April drove me crazy when she insisted on watching Free Willy on VHS every. single. day.  But, fast forward to 2012 and after listening to the same Newsboys CD every day for months and realizing what we had going here I 'm the one happily hitting the "repeat" button.  I'm going to share the lyrics to one of our recent top songs, to which the girls like to sing along and do the sign language:

Stong and mighty
strong to save us
like a fortress
never failing


Strong in battle
strong in kindness
when we stray, Lord,
You're strong to find us


When the winds come hard against us
You are steadfast, You are true
When the ground beneath us trembles
Your foundation never moves


Strong Tower
High and glorious
Strong Tower
Mighty in love
Our refuge
Our defender
Strong Tower
Lord above


Strong to lead us
through the shadows
Strong to carry 
all our sorrows


When the enemy surrounds us
closing in as darkness falls
though his armies rage against us
they can never scale these walls


Strong Tower...


You are my Shelter, my Shield
You are the home I could never deserve
Here I will serve, ever under Your gaze
here I will serve, ever singing Your praise


Strong Tower...


I can't think of a better song to fill their little heads and hearts with.  Play it again, girls!

I'll have to share a video of them singing this sometime soon!



1 comment:

Grandmom Voo-pa said...

How wonderful is this !!! Thanks for printing the words, the song is new to me. I'll be waiting for a video!