Friday, September 5, 2014

Avery's School


Avery was desperate to do her own school when Grace and Leah started theirs.  Grace and Leah kept talking up homeschool/preschool (which I did with both of them and some friends when they were three) so I figured that I'd better deliver.

Well, we've done "school" one time so far.  Avery has a big preschool activity book, and every time I tried to read her the directions or tell her that "n" is the letter "n", she'd tell me I was wrong and do it her own way!

I had a crying baby attached to me so I just let it go.  "Nn" can be "A" for a while longer.


For now I'm trying to do one fun activity with Avery every morning besides the usual play time and TV time.  Yesterday we made lemonade.  Today Aunt Amy is taking her for the morning so that counts!  Yay for Aunt Amy!


3 comments:

Grandmom said...

This is so funny!! I think Avery will give you more for "journaling"
than all the girls put together.
What an amazing mom you are in home schooling her with little Evie in tow.

love you,
Grandmom Voo Pa

Anonymous said...

the fact that everyone is still eating a few meals a day and goes to sleep in their bed at night, means it's a win for you.

the fact that you've got funny material and time to blog about it means you're Super Mom Heather :)

love you!
Alison

Natalie said...

Super mom indeed!! :)