Pregnancy cravings are interesting. The stereotype has the husband running out in the middle of the night to pick up pickles and ice cream and chop suey and pastrami sandwiches. Well, Steve has not had to make any midnight runs to WaWa as of yet...which is a good thing. But I find myself wishing for a really outrageous craving, just to feel like I'm truly taking advantage of being pregnant.
True, I did enjoy cheddar cheese and baby gherkin pickles on a regular basis for a couple of weeks, and Steve did run to the grocery store once to get me 10 cans of soup when I, nearly in tears, bemoaned the fact that I just couldn't eat dinner because I wanted split pea soup and we didn't have any....but that's not in the same ballpark as NEEDING to eat something really wacky. I almost expected it to happen, but maybe I should be relieved that it hasn't....yet. My wonderful husband shouldn't have to make late-night trips to the store until it's for something truly necessary, like Pampers:)
No comments:
Post a Comment