Well, the Christmas tree is already up in the Deterding home and other Christmas preparations are underway! And speaking of preparations, we're registered for baby gear! It only makes parenthood a greater reality when you're picking out carseats and vaporizers and highchairs.
I'm entering my 24th week, and here's the scoop:
The baby has probably gained about a quarter pound since last week, when his or her weight was around a pound. Length should be hovering close to a foot! I held a ruler up to my belly, and had no idea that the baby was so long! The baby's frame is beginning to fill out with some baby fat, the brain is growing rapidly, and the taste buds are developing. Every day it seems that I get just a little bigger, and I'm finding it more and more difficult to do useful things like walk up and down the stairs, bend over, or get out of the car:) And to think that I still have three and a half months of growing to go.
The other night Steve discovered that he could play with the baby...he found a little bump in my belly—presumably a little heel or knee or foot or hand—and if we poked it, the baby would jerk it away! Now that we can actually interact with the baby, the whole experience seems even more miraculous than it did before. We are getting so anxious to HOLD our child and kiss that cute little face we saw in the sonogram!
*here's the elephant question answer: 2 YEARS! sheesh.
No comments:
Post a Comment