Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Movin' and Groovin' at 35 Weeks


Here Steve took a picture of one of our new favorite things to do: watch my stomach! It looks like there's quite a party going on in there, especially after I drink my precious orange juice, or lay still for a while. Or if it's 10pm, 3 am, or 6 am. Or if daddy lays his head on my belly and invades baby's space. Who needs T.V. when there's all this fun to be had? I promise that I look more pregnant when I'm standing up!
Well, we're moving into Week 36 now...the big 3-6. Full term. The beginning of the end. There's no turning back. Time to pack hospital bags, clean house, put away the last of the shower gifts, practice my "deep, cleansing breaths", tour the hospital, buy the carseat (that's tonight). Of course, it could be another month or so before we have a little boy or girl to bring home, but we're praying than we reach the end sooner than later. Every day we are more and more in awe of the fact that the Lord is giving us this great blessing and responsibilty!! Please be in prayer for me during these last weeks as I prepare mentally and physically for the birth...and as we prepare our home and hearts for parenthood!
Here's how the baby is growing this week, from good 'ol BabyCenter.com:
Your baby's getting big. He weighs a tad over 5 pounds and is just over 18 inches long. Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
*How many weeks are left for baby weight gain? Share your guess on the Baby Poll in Feb. 4th's blog!*

2 comments:

Betsy said...

You're in my prayers, Heather Grace!!! I love you!!

Alison said...

Phew! Good thing you posted- I was starting to think that the Little One had arrived and I missed it!

Not too much longer and he/she will be here!

I think we need another belly shot, with you holding up 9 fingers :)