Wednesday, April 2, 2008

19 Weeks


Heeeeeeeeeere she is!
So what do you think? See any resemblance?
My doctor appointment on Monday brought good news that the ultrasound looked great and my latest round of bloodwork came back just fine! However, the various measurements of the baby's head, belly, and femur pointed to a new due date a week later than the original-- it's set at August 23rd. So instead of writing a "20 Weeks" post I have to write a "19 Weeks" post. It's a bummer adding a week to the pregnancy but maybe chasing Grace around this summer will put my into labor early anyway!
It's been interesting knowing the baby's sex. With Grace, as you might recall, we decided not to find out whether we were having a girl or a boy. Very exciting way to go, in its own way. This time we decided to find out during my ultrasound, and that was fun as well-- although I keep slipping into calling the baby "it" again! Old habit. SHE is moving and kicking a bit, and HER mommy is feeling pretty good!
*Click on the pictures to see them enlarged a bit. Aren't those lips the cutest?! You can also see an arm and hand resting under her chin. Already contemplating something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable! Can't wait to meet her. I think you should just go ahead and have her early so I can be in Maryland when she's born :)

Natalie said...

So I was thinking that for Grace you had a due date poll and the winner got cash.

This time around I think you should also have a poll - but the winner gets to name the baby. We already know it is a girl, so this should be easy.

Some name suggestions: Elvyra, Yvette, or possibly a combination of You, Steve, and Grace. Graheve? Heastgra? Stegrahe? (That one is my personal favorite)

Oh man...I hope I win the poll!