I didn't take my camera on our camping trip. Can you believe it?? The forecast called for rain, and I didn't want to worry about keeping a camera dry. Grace did a great job despite a very wet and cold Saturday morning; thankfully Kevin and Alison, our friends and fellow campers, were more than willing to help keep Grace away from the fire, feed her Gerber puffs, and walk around in the mud with her! The weather improved by lunch time on Saturday and we were able to take a short walk around the lake, have a picnic lunch, and spend a relaxing afternoon and evening around the fire. Just think, by the next annual Deterding-Sanders camping adventure, we'll have a two year old and a 10 month old (or so) to keep out of the fire! Update on Steve: the Annapolis Area Christian School Varsity lacrosse team has made the playoffs! He's at John Carroll school up in my old stomping ground, Harford County, as I write this for game one.
Update on Grace: her new favorite things are flags and traffic cones. Luckily, we have both right outside our kitchen door. She has a word for flag, which sounds something like this: "edag". She spots them all the time, it's quite cute. She also is a very accomplished walker and can take long strides, walk uphill, and "run". She's learning how to gently stroke people's heads in preparation for meeting her little sister in three months.
Update on little sister and her incubator (Me!): I'm at 26 weeks. The baby should weigh about a pound and a half at this point, and measure a foot or so in length. I'm experiencing some rather frequent lower-back/nerve pain that I didn't have to deal with before, but all in all things are still pretty comfortable. We haven't settled on a name yet, and haven't planned the nursery, but I'm sure the summer will be busy getting settled in both areas! This week I have an engagement photo shoot and a family photo shoot (be sure to visit the photo blog!) and a baby shower and birthday party to attend, so we'll test the second trimester stamina!
I hear Grace is up from her nap...
2 comments:
WHAT A SWEET PICTURE! LOOKS AS THOUGH GRACE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THE CARD SAYS.
Love to all,
Grandmom
i love her little crossed feet.
Post a Comment