Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Beginning of a Kitchen Makeover


We have a new kitchen countertop, sink, and faucet.  I think it makes all the difference in the world!  We still have to paint the new trim underneath, and I've decided that I'd like to repaint the walls.  There's a little too much white in the room and the red (which was here when we moved in), is a little too bold for me when I think about painting all the walls a color.

I'm thinking green?  Anyone out there have a green paint color that they love?  

The nice moldy wood beneath the old tile countertop:






My Dad and Hubby working hard:



Sometimes when you're in a renting situation it's hard to know how much work to put into your house, but I think a quick paint job would make the kitchen look like new without a lot of cosmetic surgery...

2 comments:

Heather Nicole said...

I have a green kitchen(color from previous owners) and I really like it, plus people always comment on the color and how they like it. very homey feeling.

I also find blue kitchens very refreshing. I have heard that that color lends itself to healthier eating habits(which I gather you all already pursue:).

SAN said...

Looks SO great you guys!! I know you've been waiting a long time for this....so glad to see it done!! We love green for kitchens too, fyi:)
Looking forward to seeing you all in person in a couple weeks!
~Amy