Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Recipe: White Bean Bruschetta


I made this recipe a while ago and LOVED it, so I took a picture.  After I garnished it.  (I don't usually garnish my lunch!)

I found this recipe on  Lisa's  food blog- she's super sweet and makes delicious food, so be sure to check out her blog, Lime in the Coconut.

Ingredients:

1 can of white cannelini beans, rinsed
6 oz. prosciutto, chopped (or you can use pancetta, as Lisa did)
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2-3 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
goat cheese (Lisa used grated Romano cheese.  I'm going through a goat cheese phase right now)
french baguette, sliced

Brown the prosciutto in a skillet.  When it's crispy, remove to a plate.  Add one Tbsp. olive oil to the empty skillet, then add the garlic.  Saute until the garlic is soft, then add the rosemary, cooked prosciutto, and beans.  Cook until the rosemary has softened and the beans are well-coated.  Season to taste with salt and pepper, then remove from the skillet and keep warm while you toast the baguette slices.  To make the toasts, brush each side lightly with olive oil and toast right in the same skillet until golden brown.

I like to spread goat cheese on one side of each toast then pile on the white bean mixture.  Drizzle with a bit more olive oil and serve warm.  YUM!  

No comments: