Friday, December 16, 2011

Letters to the Girls


Grace Olivia,
You are so clever.  When did you leave toddler-hood behind and become a preschooler?  I don't even think you're really a preschooler anymore; you act so grown up in so many ways.
Daddy and I can't get much past you, including the whole idea of Santa Claus.  You figured out the improbability of such a thing last year, when you were only three and a half.

Avery Lynn,
Your smile is amazing.  You make me feel like I'm the most charming, hilarious person in the world.  You make your Daddy and sisters feel that way too.  I hope you never lose that ability to make other people feel special.

Leah Anne,
You don't like to go to bed very much these days, and I'll let you in on a secret:
Sometimes, Daddy and I secretly enjoy that.
You come to the top of the steps and launch into some story about why you can't sleep, and it's so long and complicated, and told in such a cute little three year old voice, that we can't help but take you at your word and invite you down for some pop corn or a late-night snuggle.
Don't tell your sisters.

love,
Mommy





2 comments:

Natalie said...

I was watching Miracle on 34th street again last night, thinking about how much Grace looks like little Natalie Wood. Your comment about Grace's logic of Santa Claus further supports that they are, in fact, the same person. How fun!! :)

p.s. Hoping this will post and my problems with not being able to leave blog comments is fixed!

Grandmom Voo-Pa said...

Love the "Letters to the Girls" that accompany this precious picture of all three of them!