Matt returned to the 'ol office while Steve, April, and I continued to play tourist. First stop of the day was the British Museum. Instead of taking a photo of the museum, I took a photo of the townhomes across the street. They reminded me of something that I couldn't put my finger on; then I remembered that the architecture brought to mind this favorite story of Grace's:
(the book happens to take place in France, but that's alright)
I just love museums. I read all the displays, admiring the groups of adorable, uniformed British school kids as I went, and kept finding Steve and April waiting for me, far ahead, on a bench. Sorry.
Highlights of the museum were the Rosetta Stone, Cleopatra, and the oldest chess set in the world.
After a mandatory stop at Starbucks, we were back on the Tube and headed toward St. Paul's Cathedral.
Unfortunately, London is Occupied, too, and camp was set up right in front of the cathedral steps.
To avoid stepping into the path of double-decker buses:
We decided to head for home to prepare for Thanksgiving dinner. No turkeys were to be found, so we made do with poussin, hoping that "poussin" meant something slightly exotic. Turns out they were just baby chickens, but they were delicious none the less.
We thought it would be fun to go out for Thanksgiving dessert, so we went back into the city in search of some pie.
"Ye-haw! it's Thanksgiving!!"
When we settled in for the night we did a little Face Time chat with the Wilsons, who were in the middle of their Thanksgiving feast at the Farm.
































1 comment:
WHAT FUN FOR ALL OF YOU, and for us to be able to follow you through these great pictures and comments.
Thanks!
love,
Grandmom
Post a Comment