Here we are at 28 weeks~
Last week, the persistent Braxton-Hicks contractions reintroduced themselves. Earlier than expected, and they are not welcome. Every 5-8 minutes for a few hours on Wednesday. The conundrum is-- do I recognize that they are most likely false labor and try to ignore them, or do I act like a responsible pregnant lady and go in to the hospital to be monitored (which is recommended if you get more than 4 contractions in an hour before 37 weeks). After my experience with Jane (lots of false labor and 3 longs stays in hospital triage for monitoring) I tend to go for the first option.
Worst of all, I just got the results back from my glucose test, and my blood sugar levels were a mere 4 points higher than the maximum, meaning that I win the prize of sitting though a 3-hour follow-up glucose test, including several blood draws, sometime next week. Ugh.
Besides the distracting contractions I'm feeling well, and Grace especially is enjoying my patting and talking to my "huge belly". I'm not craving anything in particular and am feeling lots of baby movement all day and all evening long!
House projects are slowly but surely getting done-- next on the list is to finish our garden beds, get plants in the ground, and finish the Great Bedroom Switch here in the house.
Compare six-month baby bellies here, here (same shirt!), here, and here!

No comments:
Post a Comment