I have a list called "30 Before 30". About 4 or 5 years ago, I wrote down thirty things I wanted to accomplish before my 30th birthday. I didn't check most of the items off my list, but one glaring overachievement was #6, "Have another baby." Three additional children later, I'd say Steve and I took care of that one.
Today on my birthday I am so thankful for five beautiful children that we have the privilege of raising in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. One we have yet to meet, and is 30 weeks today on my 30th birthday!
I am also so thankful that I was summoned by name, redeemed, and am precious in the eyes of my Lord (Isaiah 43:1)… and more than that, I can't remember a day when I didn't know and love Jesus. I'm praying the same for those kids!
And I am so thankful for eight and a half years of marriage to this guy, who loves me well:
And since Grace was taking the picture, and doesn't like kissing, her cool parents had to do this:
She closed her eyes while taking this picture.



No comments:
Post a Comment