I've come to realize that just because I'm 22 and was in good shape before I got pregnant, doesn't mean that I can function without any problems even in my third trimester!
I've begun noticing that when I spend most of my day on my feet driving around and running errands, my body now responds with swollen ankles, backaches, shortness of breath, minor injuries (I spent an entire afternoon last week shopping and buying groceries-- wearing bad shoes-- only to find myself hobbling around on a bruised left foot the next day) and the need to sleep for 12 hours straight the next night! Those Pregnancy Pilates exercises I planned on starting months ago would have been very helpful, I'm sure.
Well, it's all worth it, isn't it ladies? I just can't wait to meet Benjamin Grace!
Tomorrow will mark the completion of my 28th week, and I'm officially in the third trimester! The baby keeps very busy in the womb..a lot of kicks and rolls and interacts with mommy and daddy. I've heard that if we shine a flashlight on the belly we might be rewarded with a punch or kick...the baby is now (or soon will be) able to see and respond to the light. We'll have to try that out soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment