It seems as though my over-zealous snacking was to blame for my high glucose test results...the new round of testing proved that my blood-sugar levels are completely normal! That is definitely an answered prayer. I had a doctor's appointment today, and everything is developing right on target: the baby's heart rate, my weight gain, and my belly measurements. Next appointment is scheduled for a mere two weeks from now...we're in the home stretch, folks!
I continue to enjoy the frequent acrobatics going on in the womb, although the baby doesn't seem to like to perform for other people. Put your hand on my belly and you're most likely to feel....nothing! The little stinker:) Steve and I did enjoy a rather lengthy round of baby hiccups last night. They were pretty forceful and lasted for a good 5 minutes, which leads me to believe that this little one will take after his or her daddy when it comes to serious hiccuping.
I have a confession to make. I actually registered for one of those use-at-home doppler machines. I saw it at Target, and for only $19.99 you can strap the thing to your belly and listen in on those swooshing fetal sounds, kicks, gurgles, and heart beat. You can even record the baby and send it to family and friends via e-mail!! Is that cool or what?! Well, Steve didn't think it was as amazing as I did, so instead of buying it right then and there I meekly put it back on the shelf, stroked the box a little, and then discreetly BEEPed it with my registry scan gun. So this is a plea to buy it for me.
My doctor made fun of such machines at my appointment today, without me even bringing the subject up, but the people pictured on the do-it-at-home-doppler box seemed to be really enjoying themselves. It's got to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment