Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Rocky Gap

Grace in her hiking back pack, making spit bubbles and taking in the viewHelping Steve set up camp
Mesmerized by the shimmering lake water


Last weekend we took Grace on her first great outdoors adventure. Our family went camping at Rocky Gap State Park in Cumberland-- just the three of us! It was nice to get away and spend some quality time together. We were blessed with amazing weather. The only problem we encountered was that I forgot to pack our pillows. We made do with beach towels and Grace's Boppy pillow!

Grace did a great job adjusting to unfamiliar, out-doorsy surroundings, so we're looking forward to at least two more camping trips this summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time at one of our favorite places on earth!

Love from Charleston,
Grandma & Grandpa

SAN said...

Ah, the time-honored tradition continues!!! I'm so amazed by you all and your traveling bravery. I hope we can do that too! Love you all! And thanks for your encouraging comments on our blog--you know I check it all the time:)
Amy