Thursday, March 27, 2008

Daughters!

It has been revealed that Steve and I have TWO daughters!

I had an ultrasound Tuesday morning, and the technician says the baby looks like a girl. I'm sure Grace would be beyond excited if she knew what was about to happen in 20 1/2 weeks!
All little body parts were present and accounted for, and I'll receive a full report on Monday morning when I have my next OB appointment. We're heading into the really fun weeks of pregnancy, when Daddy can feel the little kicks and I have the energy to care for the big sister! I'll put up the ultrasound pictures as soon as we get them scanned!

Here's the 4 month belly shot. Also in the picture are my friend Laura and her 5-month old baby girl belly!




And speaking of the big sister, Grace Olivia is fast approaching her FIRST birthday! Absolutely unbelievable. It's been a whole year since this. She suddenly seems like such a big girl. Grace climbs stairs (and is working on learning to come back down!), loves her belly button, has entire conversations in her own little babble language (it sounds like she'll just burst out in English at any time now), points to everything and says "that?", loves to cuddle with her parents and grandmothers, wrestles and tumbles every night before bed, and has just learned to flick her lips with her hand to make funny sounds come out. We can't wait for a summer full of running around in the yard with her!




9 comments:

Mandy Sroka said...

Yeah, more girls and more pink! Grace is such a little lady now, with her teeth, long hair, and little cruising self! She is such a joy to watch grow.

Natalie said...

Congrats on another girl!

Laura's pregnant? I totally missed that news...

Anonymous said...

TWO girls!! How exciting:o) I bet Grace is going to love having a little sister to teach girl things to!

Kelli

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

Richard and I want to let you know that the pic of you and Laura is ADORABLE!!! We love and miss you guys!

Betsy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yay for two girls. It's the way to go!!
When did Laura visit you??!!??
Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Ashley Smith said...

Congrats! Having a sister close in age is so wonderful! See ya this week at water aerobics, hopefully!

-Ashley

Natalie said...

I believe someone just had a birthday, no? Pictures??

Anonymous said...

Birthday pictures? Her face when she sees a lit candle in front of her? Her face covered in sugary icing??? Anything on number two? I see them grow through this blog!