I may look happy about reaching the 40 WEEK point, but my smile will be a lot bigger if the doctor tells me this morning that I'm dilated to 4cm and I'd better check in to Labor and Delivery!!! This is one tired momma.
After a little more than a week of experiencing contractions-- some weak, some with more umph; some at random times, other coming 7-10 minutes apart-- I'm finding it harder to stay patient. My doctor appointment is at 10am today, so I'll be sure to update once I'm home again.
Steve and I planned on spending yesterday afternoon "hiking" around Patuxent Wildlife Sanctuary to take some pictures...oh yeah, and induce labor; but our camera battery turned out to be dead just as I assumed the "nine month belly shot" pose in front of a scenic wetland. And we discovered that we had 20 minutes before the park closed. The best laid plans of mice and men...
So we settled in at home for the evening and I tried the "red raspberry leaf" herbal tea regimen that is said to start contractions. Two hours of cramping later, I was still with child. (Ladies, a warning: avoid red raspberry leaf tea unless you want to cramp, like me! Stick to the raspberry flavored variety.) I may have to stop all the fruitless attempts at controlling my body and be content to wait!
4 comments:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you aren't sleeping either? I don't know what gave that away...perhaps the 5:52 a.m. date stamp on your post? ;)
But you look as beautiful as ever!
Awww....Heather! Bowling didn't do it, neither did hiking or tea! Baby D will come when God tells it to! I just had my appt. today too! I hope yours goes well and we can't wait to see the little one.
"...and when the fullness of time had come for Heather to give birth, behold she gave birth to a son and called his name Benjamin. And his father, Stephen, fell down and offered praises unto the Lord, and great was the rejoicing on account of his son, Benjamin."
Heather, I know it's hard to wait, especially when you're this close. Remember, as hard as it is to believe, God loves your little one even more than you and Steve, an He won't let His little one enter the world until the timing is just right. He's preparing the way, the right doctor on call, the right nursing staff (you know, the kind, gentle, understanding ones), and most importantly, He's making sure the right anesthetist is there!
So, hang in there, when the fullness of time as come, there WILL be great rejoicing!
P.S. Looks like I'll have some explaining to do if little Benjamin turns out to be little Grace!!!
Hang in there :)
We still love the number 04-03-07 :)
But we won't mind if its any other number
Love,
Ms. Ginger and Rachel K.
Post a Comment