From BabyCenter:
"Your baby is still putting on weight — about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is a little less than 19 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the creamy substance that has protected her skin during its submersion in amniotic fluid. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, and they'll stay in her bowels until birth. This blackish mixture, called meconium, will become her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Babies born between 37 and 42 weeks are considered full-term; a baby born before 37 weeks is pre-term and after 42 weeks is post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position by now, which is optimal for a smooth delivery."
Steve and I are battling a little flu bug this week. We're grateful to get that out of the way before the end of the month, because we only have 27 days left until the due date (but who's counting!). Tonight is our scheduled tour of the Labor and Delivery section of Anne Arundel Medical Center, but I'm not sure we'll make it considering how germy we are. Thankfully we had that dry run a couple of months ago! Flu symptoms aside, I'm feeling like I'm 36 weeks pregnant!! All that talk about pain and numb legs and trouble walking are no joke. I've experienced two or three random contractions over the past week...nothing too painful, but enough to get my attention. Now that it's down to the last weeks, we're doing nothing but think baby!! The excitement is beyond words! I was a little dissapointed to read the above statement from BabyCenter, however; I thought that I was full term once I reached a full 36 weeks...apparently I have to be a full 37?? It's all very confusing. Either way, the Deterdings are ready to go!!
"Your baby is still putting on weight — about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is a little less than 19 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the creamy substance that has protected her skin during its submersion in amniotic fluid. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, and they'll stay in her bowels until birth. This blackish mixture, called meconium, will become her first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Babies born between 37 and 42 weeks are considered full-term; a baby born before 37 weeks is pre-term and after 42 weeks is post-term.) Most likely she's in a head-down position by now, which is optimal for a smooth delivery."
Steve and I are battling a little flu bug this week. We're grateful to get that out of the way before the end of the month, because we only have 27 days left until the due date (but who's counting!). Tonight is our scheduled tour of the Labor and Delivery section of Anne Arundel Medical Center, but I'm not sure we'll make it considering how germy we are. Thankfully we had that dry run a couple of months ago! Flu symptoms aside, I'm feeling like I'm 36 weeks pregnant!! All that talk about pain and numb legs and trouble walking are no joke. I've experienced two or three random contractions over the past week...nothing too painful, but enough to get my attention. Now that it's down to the last weeks, we're doing nothing but think baby!! The excitement is beyond words! I was a little dissapointed to read the above statement from BabyCenter, however; I thought that I was full term once I reached a full 36 weeks...apparently I have to be a full 37?? It's all very confusing. Either way, the Deterdings are ready to go!!
No comments:
Post a Comment