Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Band-Aid Makes it Better

A few weeks ago, Grace went through a very traumatic experience.

She had to have some routine blood work.

She and I went to a nearby lab to have two very tiny vials of blood drawn.  After Grace charmed the waiting room and the secretary, we were led back to the exam room.  Grace sat on my lap, and the nurse proceeded to FAIL at getting the needle in her arm not once, not twice, but three times.  Poor Grace was a mess.  She kept crying "No, no, no...." and "It hurts!"  

Rip my heart out!!

Finally we got someone else to prick Grace's finger and draw the blood that way.  That was so much easier, and Grace handled that very well.  She even managed to smile at the nurse and say thank you after it was all over.  But best of all, Grace got a Dalmatian sticker and a "kitty Band-Aid."  

Kitty Band-Aid stayed on for the rest of the day.

4 comments:

April said...

I am soooo proud of her for her love of band-aids. Pretty soon she'll be just like I was and put them on freckles ;) I can't wait to give her the Elmo band-aids!

April said...

that's such a great picture too!

Alison said...

I'm glad you were finally able to comment over on my blog...

This is the perfect picture to go along with this post...I hope her little arm got special treatment ~ sounds like too much poking!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I remember when Grace's poppie had to have blood work done and I turned him over to his daddy while I walked the halls a nervous wreck. Just could not watch!
We didn't have fancy band-aids like the kids have now. Glad that helped our little Gracie. The pictures says so much.

love,
grandmom voo-pa