I've made it to 35 1/2 weeks, and I'm rounding up to 36 when asked... always round up!
After our preterm labor drama of almost 2 weeks ago, I've experienced no "real" contractions for about a week now, just some occasional Braxton Hicks cramping which is to be expected. Now we're to the point where I miss the real thing and want them to come back! I guess I'm never truly content with circumstances in my third trimester; I'll have to keep working on that.
We are ready. We are ready to find out if this is a boy or girl. We're ready to look at her if it's a girl and suddenly know what we are supposed to name her! We are ready to get some use out of our name Benjamin James if it's a boy. We are ready to see what Grace and Leah and Avery are like at their respective ages as big sisters to a newborn. We are ready to see what this baby looks like and snuggle soft little cheeks!
We have NOT washed baby clothes or blankets, made freezer meals, finished last-minute projects, organized our home, moved Avery to a toddler bed, spruced up the bassinet, chosen a girl name, packed a baby hospital bag, or registered at the hospital (now that I think about it). It's amazing how relaxed I am about all that stuff this time around...
I do have to make a Baby Poll as soon as possible, though. This wouldn't be a Deterding pregnancy without one!!

No comments:
Post a Comment