

I'm into the 36th week of my pregnancy, and am going to the OB for weekly check-ups. I had one Monday morning, and I'm DILATED! ONE cm dilated, that is, but at this stage in the game it's nice to hear that we're making some...ANY...progress toward labor!
I think Steve and I are closing in on a name for the little gal. More on that later.
We asked Grace (who is now 15 1/2 months) the other day where her sister was, and she pointed to my belly and gave my belly button a kiss. We were shocked, since we obviously never sat her down to have the "there's a baby growing in Mommy's tummy" discussion. So although we know Grace really has no idea that a real live baby is about to enter her life, or that Mommy's tummy is supposed to look any other way, we keep asking her where her sister is, just to see if she repeats her belly kiss. So far we've only succeeded in confusing her as she looks around the room for something that might be a "sister"!
Steve has been busy painting the "third bedroom", which will become Grace's room. It's an exciting process preparing two rooms-- the nursery and Grace's new room-- for the baby's arrival. We didn't go all out painting and redecorating a nursery for Grace in our previous house, so I am having fun doing it this time around. We'll take pictures soon.
I made the blanket pictured above while on vacation with the Deterdings. Can't wait to cuddle a little baby girl in it!
5 comments:
I can't wait to know the name! I'm so excited to see if she's an exact copy of baby Grace. Can you show me how to make that stitch? My babies are bigger now, but I'm sure they'd love a blankie.
Sure, Mandy! They're SO easy to make.
You look like Erica in your picture! I like that blanket too... cute and baby-girly :) See y'all sunday!
P.S. ONE CENTIMETER!!!! Hopefully you'll pop before I head back to schoo-oool.
your fat
Post a Comment