Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Roseola Invasion

Look closely, Grace is a little speckled these days!

She has roseola.  Although I've never heard of it, apparently roseola is a very common and mild childhood virus that almost everyone has had in their lifetime, whether it was diagnosed or not.  It begins with a high fever and then the rash comes for a few days.  You'd never know Grace was "sick", thankfully...she's been as active as ever!  

If your baby has been around Grace recently there's a chance the roseola love might spread, but we've been assured there's not much to worry about.

p.s. No, Grace doesn't spend all day in her high chair!  I just like meal time for photos.
- - - - - - - 

Update:  I went to the OB yesterday, and all is well.  Nothing new to report-- next appointment is on Monday.

4 comments:

SAN said...

Well, we're certainly glad that she's not feeling badly. If Gus comes down with it, we'll send you the bill!!! Ha!

Beverly Lynn said...

SO Grace and Brooke have the same thing . . . is it contagious?

Heather D said...

It's contagious but really only in children ages 6 months-3 years, according to my Pediatrician's office.

Anonymous said...

You know, I think Grace is pulling off the whole rash situation adorably! I'm glad to hear that she's not uncomfortable.