Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Family Vacation


Family?  Check.  Lots of snack food?  Check.  Naps?  Check.   Games-- including a Wii?  Check.  Wrap-around porch?  Check.  Sofa to lay down on whenever I feel like it?  Check.  Ahhh, vacation was great.

This is Grace with her cousin Gus.  Here Grace is eyeing up that block in his hands, but I don't think he'll let her take advantage of him.
Our family during the hike.  Note:  if you are eight months pregnant and suffering from sciatica, you probably should not go on a hike, even if it is only 1.2 miles long.

Story time.  My girl is already into cooking magazines!

Steve's brother Jimmy playing Wii.  

The kids spent some time in the little wading pool we put on the deck.

Grace with her Uncle "Yub-Yub".


The view from the cabin.  And yes, that's all there was in the neighborhood.

Grace spent most of her pool time chugging the pool water.



More pictures and some stunning Wii people can be found here.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Is Grace's hair getting red? It looks redish in the pic with Steve's parents.

SAN said...

Shoot....you beat us to a post! Had an awesome time with you all~can't wait til next year:)

Anonymous said...

As usual, love your pictures. Especially the one of Grace on Steve's shoulder, and the one with Chris & Patty reading to the kids.
So glad you guys were able to get together with the family for such a fun time.
See you at the Farm.
love,
grandmom

Alison said...

made it back safe and sound! i love that grace drank the pool water :)

Anonymous said...

How did the pink flannel blanket turn out?

Sounds like a wonderful time. I loved the picture of Grace with the chair stuck to her on Amy's website. (I was laughing too, Steve)

Anonymous said...

Psiatica isn't a word. I believe you meant to say "sciatica".

P.S. I finally learned how to leave comments.

Heather D said...

...hmm, obviously I should have taken a medical terminology class.