This FOUR MONTH BELLY SHOT was taken at Ryan and Rachel's wedding! Congrats!
Life has been busy as October drew to a close. Our home was broken into while we slept last Tuesday night, and our beloved new Nikon digital SLR camera is no longer with us! We also lost my laptop computer, another digital camera and tripod that was in the camera bag, and some memory cards. All in all, Steve and I exclaim a resounding "God is good!" We are safe, the baby was still safe in the womb, and nothing of lasting value was taken from us.
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal."
Still, we are hoping to claim insurance money and replace the camera in time to capture those precious moments once the baby is born.
Speaking of baby Deterding, I'm beginning to count down the days until I'm five months along! Can it be that I'm already half-way though the pregnancy? I sat on the floor in the "other bedroom" tonight, planning out a nursery in my mind's eye. It was absolutely beautiful! Donations from friends and co-workers continue to trickle in, including a baby rocking chair and some more tiny, tiny clothes. So small! Another tub of maternity clothes was dropped off as well. I'm felling rather well these days, with only occasional weariness and nausea. I feel silly sharing this, but the most exciting change in my body recently is this:
I can now see the bottom of my belly button!
You can only understand the significance of this if you knew what an extreme "inny" I've had all my life:) I've never seen the bottom of my belly button.
No comments:
Post a Comment