Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Only 32 Weeks?!



For some reason I'm beginning to feel that I've been pregnant foooooooorreeeevveeerrr...and I still have four weeks to go before I'm full-term. But then again, I ONLY HAVE FOUR WEEKS TO GO BEFORE I'M FULL TERM!

BabyCenter.com says:

By now, your baby probably weighs almost 4 pounds and is almost 17 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. She has tiny toenails now, and her fingernails have grown in, too. Some babies have a head of hair already; others have only peach fuzz.
Your blood volume (the plasma plus red blood cells) is now about 40 to 50 percent greater than before you became pregnant to accommodate the needs of you and your baby. (This extra amount also helps make up for any blood you'll lose when giving birth.) You're also gaining a pound a week now, and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. With your uterus pushing up near your diaphragm and adding pressure on your abdomen, you may be dealing with heartburn more often or feeling a little short of breath.

I had an OB appointment this morning, and everything continues to be right on target. It's time to start thinking about writing a "birth plan" for my labor and delivery, sign up for a tour of Anne Arundel Medical Center, and squeeze in those last few late-night dates to the movies and dinner! The nursery is still awaiting the dresser, which is being shipped in. After that, I can let loose in there and really let my inner decorator out. Of course, we still don't know whether we should have pink accessories or more blue in the room...what do you think???
The picture above was taken four years ago when I was on a college retreat in Deep Creek, MD...I'm hoping for some lovely snow like that this winter.

3 comments:

Alison said...

but only in the next few weeks, you don't want snow like that forcing you to be trapped at home when the baby comes!
i don't have a prediction....but, i think you said that most people think it's a boy...
did the dresser come?

Anonymous said...

FOUR MORE WEEKS! Where did the first 32 go?! This comment, of course, from someone who has NOT been carrying AROUND a little one in her womb for 32 weeks!

Heather, Tums worked very well for me throughout my entire 9th month to combat heartburn, not to mention more than supply my daily calcium requirement!

Anonymous said...

Ooops, that last entry was from me...

Aunt Candy