When Steve's Mom and Dad discovered cockroaches in our beach rental home, we were upgraded to a beautiful, spacious beach-front condo-- three floors, game room, multiple bathrooms, room for up to 26 people, swimming pool. It was amazing. God decided to spoil us a little bit, and He really provided the perfect place for the whole Deterding family to spend the week. We loved the extra space to let the kids run around; and having the beach in our backyard made it so easy to run back and forth whenever nap times and meal times allowed. We certainly prayed a prayer of thanks for cockroaches! Here's the condo. The windows and the balconies on the left half were ours:
The view from the balcony:
The view from the balcony:
Mom fully stocked the kitchen with snack foods. I think I gained a few pounds over the course of the week:
There were four bedrooms and three bathrooms on the second floor, and two bedrooms/bathrooms and a game room on the third floor.Coming up next: Sandcastles. Lots of sandcastles.


4 comments:
On behalf of Chris and myself, I would like to extend our most heartfelt thanks to Tim and Lori for coming to the rescue of Steve and Heather and the girls when their car broke down on their way to Myrtle Beach. If it were not for them, our Deterding family gathering would not have been possible!! How grateful we are for you!!
Amen to that, Mom!
What a blessing those little cockroaches are! I'm glad you all got such a spacious prime location. Hope it was fun!
Were you able to get your cockroaches back? Can I borrow them?
That place is amazing! It reminds me of the mansions along the Outer Banks, NC. The best part of going to the beach is being RIGHT ON the beach and being able to sit on your deck and watch the waves crash on the shore!!
Did you see any dolphins swimming by?
(the double "!!" is in case Pop-Pop is reading this :-), hmmmm, I wonder how he feels about little smiley faces.)
Post a Comment