Friday, February 19, 2010

18 months old!


Leah is quite a conversationalist now!  Within the past couple of weeks, she's gone from saying some 2-word sentences to 3- and 4-word sentences; some that we hear often are "I want watch Elmo," "I want a pop [lollipop or icicle, depending on the day's activities],"and "I need help."  One of the things I like the most about kids at this age is that they change so much from day to day.  Leah is sprouting new words, new skills, and new teeth like it's going out of style.

She's starting to show some memorization skills-- she can say the answers to the first 3 catechism questions just from hearing us go over them with her big sister, and Leah also likes to sing the B-I-B-L-E.  It just goes to show that little siblings need to be included in the "big kid" activities; they'll always surprise us!

She's now 22 lbs. 3.5 oz. (20-25th percentile), 31.5 inches long (50th percentile), and her head is a moderate 47 cm around.   For those who have been wondering, Leah still has eczema breakouts, although we have some prescription cream that seems to work really well keeping it under control.  She also breaks out in a rash around her mouth after eating sometimes, and although I can't seem to narrow it down to one food culprit, the allergist says there's the chance that her sensitive skin just reacts to acidic foods.  Today's tomato and basil hummus is the latest rash-inducer to add to the list.  As she gets older, we'll simply have to remind her not to eat tomatoes on a first date, especially if she still smears food all over her face at that point (see photos above)!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

She is so cute! I think she looks a lot like her big sis in the second pic.