Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BABY POLL!


*click on the image above to enlarge*

It's that time again!  With only a month or so to go until baby D's due date, we're playing the Baby Poll game.

Here's how to play:
1.  Post your guess for the baby's arrival in the "comment" section.  Be sure to specify both date and time of day -- either "am" or "pm".

2.  Limit one guess per person, and only one entry per time slot-- no sharing!

3.  Winner is determined based on time of birth.  For example, if the baby is born on August 17th at 7 AM, a guess of "August 17th,  AM" would be the winner.  In the event that there is no entry for the correct arrival time, the next closest guess based on actual time of birth would win.  

4.  We will post entries on the Calendar above.  Check prior entries before placing  your guess!  Dates not displayed on the calendar above are still up for grabs (be aware that my doctors usually plan to induce 1 week after the due date...so don't bother putting your names down on a date in September, you wack-os!)

5.  Unlike the last Baby Poll, you DO NOT need to pay $1 to play!  The winner will receive...

THE OPPORTUNITY TO NAME OUR NEW CHILD! *

We had 35 participants in Grace's Baby Poll...let's see if we can top that!  Play today!


* just kidding.  The winner will receive bragging rights and a congratulatory post here at The Deterding Family Blog.  Hey, this is all about having fun, that's all!


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I choose SUNDAY, AUG. 24TH AT 2:00AM.

What a fun thing to do. You had me when first reading winner gets to NAME THE BABY!!.. should have read the whole thing first.

This blog is just the greatest!!!
love you,
Grandmom Wilson

Alison said...

I'm choosing August 21st PM.

Anonymous said...

Kevin Sanders is choosing August 28th PM. :)

Heather D said...

August 21st AM

--Mommy

Anonymous said...

August 15 AM

--Daddy

Anonymous said...

I wish I could choose Aug 33...that way the b-day would be 8-33...a.k.a. Cal Ripken-Eddie Murray. Instead I'll go with 8-22...Cal Ripken-Jim Palmer. I'll take the AM. And if I win, I woould like you to name her Grace #2.

SAN said...

I'm going to have to go with August 16th pm--that way Gus and Baby #2 can ALMOST share their birthdays, but not quite...
Aunt Amy

Anonymous said...

I'll choose....
August 23, am.

But I really hope you go early while I'm still home from school.

-Aunt April

Anonymous said...

August 20th PM... I think you should make Grace guess (yeah, so maybe she'd have to point at a block on the calendar... it would still be fun!)

Heather D said...

Grace pointed right at it: August 6! She'll take PM.

Anonymous said...

I will select August 19th at 8pm because 08-19-08 in the 19th hour would be a cool birthday to have. And according to the poem Friday's child is loving and giving ... I think that will be appropriate.

--Mommy's Friend Lauren :)

Anonymous said...

I'll go with the 17th PM, that way the baby will share her birthday with Elizabeth Bennet Darcy!

Anonymous said...

As you know, traditions are special to me...so in spite of prolonging your pregnancy...I'm picking August 30...its just the way the Steve Deterding family does things...engaged on July 30, married on December 30, Grace on March 30...
much love,
Grandma Deterding

Natalie said...

I'm going to go with August 15 am. Cute hair by the way!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, I just read Grandma Deterding's post and now I hope I'm wrong and the baby comes on the 30th.

Anonymous said...

August 12 AM - Grace and Baby Deterding's Mom Mom Wilson

Anonymous said...

August 9th PM - Poppy

Anonymous said...

August 25th PM - cousin Brandon
August 12th PM - cousin Katie

Anonymous said...

Aunt Tina says August 26th am. That's when my little bundle of joy arrived in the parking lot.

Becki Kail said...

Great Aunt Becki will take August 13th in the AM. I saw you on Saturday and you look like you are ready to burst and bring this cute little girl into the world!!!

Anonymous said...

August 18th, PM

-Jeff Jones

SAN said...

27th. A.M. It's so hard to always being right about everything.

The Dahlke Family said...

Great-Aunt Michelle thinks your precious little girl will make her debut on August 16th in the AM. :-)

Becki Kail said...

OK - since the 13th didn't work Great Aunt Becki will pick Wednesday, August 20th in the AM. I have a Wednesday date stuck in my head! Heather, start walking the track on Tuesday! ha ha

Love Aunt Becki