Monday, August 4, 2008

37 Weeks + 2 Days

Ouch.

Ughhhhh.

OOOOh.

GRRR.

Just a sampling of the happy sounds Steve and Grace hear from me every now and then when I try to do things like stand up, roll over, climb stairs, or get out of the car.  Part of the miracle of God's creative design is that little unborn babies know just how to position themselves to get ready to come out, and our second little daughter is no exception.  She is ready.  I am ready.  Steve is ready.  Grace is oblivious but is enjoying her new room.  

I went to the doctor today and things continue to look just fine.  No exam, but I got to hear that little heart beat again.  I never tire of hearing that comforting swooshing sound!  Contractions are continuing to come in very irregular patterns and I'm taking as many naps as possible-- got to conserve that energy!  Still on the to-do list are actually packing the hospital bags and getting all the baby stuff out of the attic and washed in Dreft.  We're working on it-- and we will have pictures of new Deterding girl bedrooms and baby preparations and big sisters to share soon!  Thanks for stopping by to check in...and don't forget to place a guess on the BABY POLL while you're here!  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww Heather, you poor thing . . .

OK, I've changed my mind again. After all, tradition isn't everything, and what are the odds that all the rest of your "Deterding Special Moments" will happen on the 30th?!

I'm going back to my original due date and I hope my little niece beats me to the punch!

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo!

Anonymous said...

aunt candy is cheating...