Steve and I are so happy to be a family of four! We are grateful for the help from grandmothers and friends during the past week-- bringing meals, doing laundry, changing diapers, letting me nap, and most of all giving Grace lots of love and attention! She is one active, active, active, and did I mention active little bundle of girl these days, and I'm so blessed to be able to recover with some help in the toddler department! Steve and Grace are out on a daddy-daughter shopping trip right now, and Leah is sleeping peacefully in the other room, so I've finally been able to sit at the computer for a bit, edit some pictures from the hospital, and post them for you to see. I start the post with the picture of Steve holding Leah, because I just love how little and protected she looks when Steve cuddles her that way.After her bath. We've already caught her sucking her thumb a few times.

The first time Grace met her little sister. As soon as this picture was taken, Grace lost interest and wanted to play with the buttons on the hospital bed! She did give a sweet kiss and pat on the head first, though.

After a short but intense four hours of labor. We headed to the hospital at 8:30 Friday night, and surprised even the nurses when I declared by 11 pm that I HAD to push! The epidural didn't have enough time to kick in all the way, and I'll leave it at that! What a precious, perfect little gift to hold at the end of it all.

Grace got an "I'm a big sister" sticker.

If Grace has one expression to call her own, this is it! (It was in response to the buttons, not the baby!)



Mmmm, we just love her. She has a family resemblance to Grace but has her own pretty little features and HAIR! Any thoughts on who she might look like?





Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!With love,
Steve, Heather, Grace, and Leah
7 comments:
WOW! What great pictures! The one of you and Leah, you look beautiful! And the last one is so fantastic! I miss her, hope to be coming your way soon!
Love, Aunt of TWO!
Beautiful, precious Leah!
OK, typing through blurred eyes . .
The 1st picture you posted of Grace reminded me immediately of Grace. The new ones, however, I'm not sure, no one really stands out, except little Leah herself. Maybe she'll be a beautiful blend of you both!
And, as always, what precious pictures. The picture of Steve holding Leah made me think the exact same thing you did Heather. I think that's the picture that started the "blurring!"
Love you all
Sorry for the extra post, but I just had to add something.
I was looking through all of the pictures again and when I got to the one with Grace, Heather, and Leah and Grace has "her" expression because of the buttons, for a quick moment I saw AUNT APRIL in her expression!
Yes, Aunt April . . . . YOU!
Sweet! I've been patiently waiting for more pics and an update. THANK YOU! Can't wait to meet her. Hmmm...how long will it be???
Heather, I vote that she looks like you :)
Can't wait to see you guys this weekend - it's been too long since our camping trip!!
I was on vacation and missed the entire thing!!!! Congratulations! What a cute little bundle of joy.
And I guess that means I have bragging rights, too? :)
Glad you are all doing well!!
Post a Comment