Saturday, August 9, 2008

New Room

Let's look around Grace's new room...

Here we are going in one of the two doors.  We're not sure why this room and the master bedroom in this old farmhouse have two entrances, but I suppose it adds architectural interest and two means of escape for Grace.  The picture says "Each day is God's gift to you.  Make it blossom and grow into a thing of beauty."  It hung in my childhood room for as long as I can remember:
We think it's a pretty fun and spacious place for a toddler!  The walls are painted pale, pale green and the curtains came from Aunt April's room.  The string of pink japanese lantern lights above the windows are a favorite of Grace's.  Can you picture her eyes getting big, her mouth stretched into a huge "O" and her gasps whenever we turn out the lights and light up the lanterns?!

She's still sleeping in the crib, but the toddler bed is all ready to go-- when we're ready to tackle having a toddler who is potentially mobile during nap and bed times.  Scary.  Grace loves to climb into the bed, though:

The dresser belonged to Grace's Grandma Deterding when she was a girl!  A fresh coat of paint and some new hardware did the trick:

This is the quilt from Pottery Barn Kids that became my first-ever eBay buying experience.  It's colorful and cute and I love it:

Speaking of Pottery Barn Kids, they sell cute pictures of birds made out of fabric, for much more than I was willing to spend.  So I got my mother-in-law's quilt scraps out and made my own!  I'm really pleased with the way they turned out, and some of the fabric I used is actually scraps from the baby quilt Steve's mom made for Grace when she was born:


Hopefully I'll get around to sharing some more of what our home now looks like (something I've been meaning to do since we moved in), including the nursery a..k.a. Grace's old room.  There's no guarantee that I'll be in labor any time soon, so maybe I'll be able to do it before I have other things on my mind.

Well, to be honest I really hope delivery day happens too soon for me to get around it.  

The next visit to the OB is early Tuesday morning...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, I love what you have done to Grace's room!! It's so fresh and breezy looking...love the window treatment.
The wall plack, the curtains, the chest, and the quit pictures...all have a family history and makes it so very special. You have done a great job of putting it all together. Our beautiful great granddaughter is the grand "topper" to it all.
love you,
grandmom

SAN said...

Un-believable!! Those bird "pictures" are amazing! You've got some serious artistic talent!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Everything looks so grown up, and it all goes together really well. Great job on those cute bird pictures! I'll have to see Grace's reaction to those lanters sometime before I leave the state :(

Mandy Sroka said...

Nice job on the pics. Those kind of pottery barn pictures are what my mom sold on eBay for a long time. Very cutesy room. Can't wait to see the baby's.

Anonymous said...

A noticed a very cute play table in the second picture from the top...

Anonymous said...

The room looks great Heather! I want to see the lanterns light up too!

Uncle Matt, I noticed the cute little play table too! Wait a minute . . . what's that?? Is that UNCLE MATT I see tied around Grace's little finger?!