We saw the "greatest show on Earth" last night in Baltimore, with my parents and sister. We were excited to see how the girls would react to all the spectacle and visual over-stimulation!
Before the show, the audience could walk around the main floor and interact with the clowns and some animals.

"Who IS this guy?"


After the performing dogs, out comes Daisy, the 40-something year old elephant.

She painted a few pictures and answered questions about her life under the Big Top.
She took a few laps around. We were really close to her. I started imagining scenarios of what would happen if Daisy got fed up and decided to go on a rampage. The only thing separating us was that little inflatable ring and a man with a little prodding rod in his hand. Maybe it's because I'm a mom that I start thinking about things like which direction we should evacuate.



You can see a man tumbling through the ring of fire in this shot:

Sometimes I feel a little sorry for the lions and elephants, but I have to say that the performing dogs LOVED their jobs. I don't have a picture but those poodles and terriers were having the time of their lives. It was harder to tell what the elephants were thinking.

As the show progressed after the intermission, Grace fell fast asleep and Leah became more and more wired. Leah was clapping and jumping and pacing the aisle and waving to zebras. It was a neat experience and we're thankful for the generous gift of tickets!



No comments:
Post a Comment