We love the fact that almost all of our extended family lives within an hour's drive (and we really miss those that are too far away to come to Yellow birthday parties- we love you!). Steve and I are thankful for the provision of our little old farm house here on the hill with it's large yard and two million picnic tables, and we're determined to take advantage of it while it's "ours" and fill our house and yard with loved ones! Take into account that our nearby family on both sides totals to be about 40 or 45 people, and you have the makings of a party.
When all of them come dressed in yellow in honor of the birthday girl, it's quite a sight to behold. I am very SAD that I didn't think to take a group yellow picture while the party was hopping. Here are some scenes from Grace's third birthday party. Many thanks to my sis April who loves to take my camera and document gatherings such as these. I know it's awfully fun to use my baby camera, and sometimes it's good for me to put it down and not worry about taking pictures for a couple of hours. It was very freeing. So thanks for these pictures, April! Here we go:
It's not a Deterding party without the cake pops. This time they were chocolate and unfortunately no one left me any leftovers!
Have you ever seen such a monochromatic buffet?
Shane, where's the yellow?
Nothing like a little competitive cornhole. Nice yellow, guys.
Grae has his sights set on one of my daughters. I thought it was Grace, but then he made this smooth move on Leah.
Thanks for joining us, everyone!
1 comment:
i love taking hundreds of pictures when the girls have birthdays! thanks for letting me play with your babies (and your camera:)) when i visit!
Post a Comment