Friday, April 9, 2010
Recipe: Cake Mix Cookies
I'm generally a bake-it-from-scratch kind of snob, but yesterday was my day to deliver a meal to friends from church who have a new baby girl, and I needed a quick dessert. Enter in the random box of cake mix left over from a buy-one-get-one-free deal and the icing left over from making Grace's birthday cake pops.
Easy, yummy, cakey cookies-- good for friends and good for keeping Steve happy in the after-practice snack department.
Here's the recipe~
1 box cake mix
1 egg
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1 cup of chocolate chips, chopped nuts or candy, etc.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together. Drop by teaspoonfulls onto baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until centers are just set.
I used buttercream icing on these, but I once had cookies made with spice cake mix and topped with cream cheese frosting...DELISH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment